If you are new to travel miles and points, or simply would like to get closer to a Hawaii trip, here is an opportunity for you to earn some bonus miles from Hawaiian Airlines. Hawaii is such a beautiful place to visit and there are a few ways that can help you get there without the huge price tag. To get there you need to get approved and then work your way on earning those points (to be honest I think that is the hardest part) but dont let that get in your way from reaching your travel dream or goal.
This offer is a little tricky because as soon as you visit there site the offer states 35k bonus points but if you follow the steps listed below you might get the 50k bonus points offer. Well, before getting started here are some things you should know about this credit card (from what it offers, the benefits and my comments if this is the card for you).
Credit Card Offer
- You will get 50,000 bonus Hawaiian Miles
- Charge $1,000 in purchases
- During (90) days of your Credit Card Account being opened
- Pay $89 annual fee which is not waived the first year
Benefits included with this Credit Card
- Receive a one-time 50% OFF COMPANION DISCOUNT for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America
- Earn 2X miles on eligible purchases made directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 1X miles on all other purchases
- Enjoy a COMPLIMENTARY CHECKED BAG for the primary cardmember when you use your card to purchase tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Discounted award travel
- Get $100 companion discount each account anniversary upon payment of annual fee
- You’ll earn 5,000 bonus miles every anniversary year you make $10,000 or more in purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
How to Apply and get the 50,000 miles bonus
- Search Hawaiianairlines.com or click here search for revenue flight or any flight.
- Make sure you don’t log in.
- Pick your flight & date then select continue.
- Fill out personal information (name, email, phone number).
- Continue the following steps until you reach payment page.
- Select Credit/Debit card as payment method. (You should see a 50,000-mile offer) should pop up.
My comment about this offer
50,000 miles for this credit card is a good offer compare to the actual amount they are offering on there home page (35,000 to 50,000) is a pretty good deal.
That being said how far will 50,000 points go on this card versus Chase Sapphire 50,000 points offer
- If you transfer Chase Sapphire 50k points to Korean Air these points could get you round trip tickets for 2 people on coach to Hawaii
- If you book using Hawaiian Points is enough for a round trip ticket for 1 person on coach to Hawaii
If you prefer another option or another credit card to get you closer on a Hawaii trip here are some information that can help you get started..
Link: Hawaii Award Chart Link
How far 50k bonus points goes
- roundtrip ticket for one in coach (40k)
- oneway ticket to neighbor hawaii island (7500)
- oneway ticket hawaii – south pacific (27,500) South Pacific (Pago Pago, Samoa or Papeete, Tahiti)
- oneway ticket south pacific – north america (47,500) South Pacific (Pago Pago, Samoa or Papeete, Tahiti)
- oneway ticket hawaii – australia (40,000) Australia (Sydney or Brisbane)
This offer looks like a great credit card specially for someone starting to earn miles and points. This card comes with a great amount of miles since 50k is a lot better comparing to the amount of 35k shown on the home page. I would consider this card if I was denied from other credit cards and if my travel goals are mostly or only to travel to Hawaii or areas that this airline travels but if my goals are to travel other destinations (and this card doesnt cover those areas) then this card is not for me. Something else to consider if I need to earn enough points to cover a few roundtrip tickets then it will take a few credit cards to cover that.